Billiards vs Pool vs Snooker
Do you know the differences?
No! then you must read this article to all about these games.
In this article, I will discuss billiards vs pool vs snooker.
Actually, billiards, pool, and snooker are all different types of games and each game makes use of a different type of table. I was also confused earlier. But when I came to know that, I thought, why not share it with all of you.
So let’s start with billiards,
What Is a Billiards (Carom Billiards)Table?
Billiards is played with three balls- white, red and yellow. The white and yellow balls are the prompt chunks of the two adversaries separately, and the goal is to score some set focuses.The player who scores the required points first wins.
- There are many sorts of billiards however English billiards is the most well-known.
- It is played with three balls, yellow, white and red.
- Yellow and white are sign balls for the two players. One for each.
- Focuses are scored by preparing, in-offs( sign ball is pruned) and guns( Cue ball hits both different balls before stopping)
- It is played as a race to a set number of focuses, or as a coordinated diversion.
What Is a Snooker Table?
Snooker is played on a much larger table.(12 feet * 6 feet). Snooker is much more fun and complicated. Snooker also has a much bigger audience, and the prize money involved in snooker is quite high.
- In snooker table, there are 15 red and six colored balls and one cue ball. The player has to pot a red first, then a color, and again a red, and so on.Each color has a designated spot on the table. At the end of the frame, the player with more points wins.
- Each red carries 1 point, yellow 2, green 3, brown 4, blue 5, pink 6 and black 7. The six colored balls are put back on the table but not the reds. When the Reds are over, the other colors are potted in the ascending order of the value of their point.
- The game can be divided into two phases, when there are red balls on the table and when there are no red balls.
- When there red balls on the table, the player first has to pot a red followed by a color, when the color is potted the color ball is respotted in its spot, and then a red has to be potted this continues till there are no more reds.
After this, the colors are potted in the order of points, and this time they are not respotted, this is when the game ends.
What Is a Pool Table?
The pool is performed on a small table (6 feet * 3 feet). This means that it a is typically much easier to play pool than the other two. There are also much varieties of pool table.
- The most common are eight ball pool and nine-ball pool.
- In 8 ball pool, there are seven solid and seven striped balls and an 8/black ball, to win the player must pot his type(i,e solids or stripes) and then the black.
- In 9 ball pool, only nine balls are on the table, each player pots the balls in order,, starting from the ball numbered 1, the person to pot the nine ball wins.
So this was all about type of tables. All are popular among all ages, locations. My favorite is pool table, because It’s easily finished many times while snooker and billiards take too much time and technique to complete the game. So choice is your. I have described all types of pool tables here.
I hope by now, you have a better understanding of the Difference between a Billiards Table, Pool Table and Snooker Table. Now you can easily calculate billiards vs pool table, Billiards vs snooker, snooker vs pool.
Let me know you like to play from all of the above?